Definition of what is a Green Roof?
- Lower the amount of storm water runoff that mainly affects the quality of local water resources.
- Lower energy consumption in buildings as the green roof acts as insulation against hot Summers and cold Winters
- Lower the urban heat island effect and associated cooling costs
- Makes the city of Toronto more beautiful
- More natural green spaces by utilizing space that is not normally used
- Local food production can be done in these spaces especially in crowded areas where there is no room to plant vegetables etc.